_1.jpg)
It has been a while since I blogged. I got “put off” with blogging after hearing an actual encounter of someone meeting several total strangers who are avid blog followers. Since I have two near and dear friends who only get a snipped of my life on Sundays, Wednesdays, game nights, and other random gatherings, I decided to post again. My post is about grumpy, old me.
Honestly, I live what I consider to be a pretty uneventful life. Yes, it may sound kind of harsh or boring, but it keeps me stress free for the most part. Well, the daily grin can put a wrench in it every once in a while, but that is why it is called WORK... not PLAY... and not FUN! I took the later from a manager I had my first year out of collage, and I thought he had a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Shorty thereafter, I found his statement to be true. Work is work, and you may or may not have fun doing it. Work is there to serve a purpose. It is a personal choice to decide what the purpose is...I work to live and not live to work. Of course, I want to be successful and excel in everything I do, but it is not worth stressing over and missing the small things in life.
Back to the uneventful thing… Ross and I probably could qualify as an elderly couple; except for we do not meet the age requirement. We often call each other old and forgetful, but I do not think we would have it any other way. We have two dogs and no children to speak of. We are the youngest couple in the neighborhood of established families, and bedtime usually rolls around 9:00ish (although I made an exception tonight so I could post). We like to keep a very small and close circle of friends; however, card playing is not a requirement. Life is way to short to spend time chasing people who will only bring you down or who bring absolutely nothing to the table. For us, a nice quiet evening at home is just as great as “painting” the town…whatever that really means.
Honestly, I live what I consider to be a pretty uneventful life. Yes, it may sound kind of harsh or boring, but it keeps me stress free for the most part. Well, the daily grin can put a wrench in it every once in a while, but that is why it is called WORK... not PLAY... and not FUN! I took the later from a manager I had my first year out of collage, and I thought he had a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Shorty thereafter, I found his statement to be true. Work is work, and you may or may not have fun doing it. Work is there to serve a purpose. It is a personal choice to decide what the purpose is...I work to live and not live to work. Of course, I want to be successful and excel in everything I do, but it is not worth stressing over and missing the small things in life.
Back to the uneventful thing… Ross and I probably could qualify as an elderly couple; except for we do not meet the age requirement. We often call each other old and forgetful, but I do not think we would have it any other way. We have two dogs and no children to speak of. We are the youngest couple in the neighborhood of established families, and bedtime usually rolls around 9:00ish (although I made an exception tonight so I could post). We like to keep a very small and close circle of friends; however, card playing is not a requirement. Life is way to short to spend time chasing people who will only bring you down or who bring absolutely nothing to the table. For us, a nice quiet evening at home is just as great as “painting” the town…whatever that really means.
"Keep it simple" is a good slogan to apply to life, and I try hard to "keep it simple":-)
2 comments:
I'm smiling right now because:
1. You posted... hooray!!!
2. You called yourself "grumpy" and "old"
3. I love my friend Tia and her go-to-bed-early and keep-it-simple ways!!!
You're a real trooper. I know you only blog to get us to be quiet:)!!!!
I am glad to be in your "simple" life. Thanks for your friendship.
Hey I'm glad your quote wasn't "I often regret that I have spoken, never that I have been silent."
I know what you're thinking...if I had seen that one I could of used it to quit this blogging with Chelley and Tracy!!!*GRIN*
We love you Tia.
Post a Comment